Cornstarch is just a baking ingredient right? WRONG! There are so many ways to use cornstarch in your skin care and makeup routine. It is so helpful since a huge tub of it is only a few dollars, so much cheaper than all of that high price makeup.
Since this post is labeled as a makeup hack lets go through its makeup uses first and then move to skin care and life because I cannot just pass up skin care and life hacks.
- Natural to Va Va Voom Lashes: That natural looking mascara you have sitting in your makeup collection can easily be turned into a thick and voluminous mascara with a dash of corn starch!
- Matte Lips: Matte lips have been a trend for some time now but we all have those non matte lipsticks in our collection. If you want to turn any lipstick into a matte one just apply it and then dust corn starch over it for a matte finish! It makes the color last longer as well.
- Cinnamon Bronzer: We all have those days where we run out of bronzer and end up having a flat looking face…but mixing cinnamon and corn starch can create a new beautiful bronzer; Plus it has a great smell!
- Setting Powder: Since baking has become a thing many people go through setting powder so fast and the good ones are quite expensive. Getting a 16oz tub of cornstarch lasts forever and it works even better to keep me matte all day.
I love all of those hacks because they go with a cheaper way to get the trends right now. The skin care and life hacks are just as good though!
- Sunburn Help: That time of year has come again…the time where we all get terribly sunburnt. Cornstarch mixed into a bath can really help soothe that terrible sunburn.
- Smelly Shoes: If you are someone who gets really stinky shoes put some cornstarch in there when you take them off and it will help immensely.
- Dry Shampoo: I have trouble finding the right dry shampoo but using corn starch has saved my hair a number of times. You just get some on your fingers and rub it in at the roots and then brush it out. It works just like a wonderful dry shampoo.
- Firming Face Mask: Mixing a little bit of cornstarch with an egg white gives a wonderful texture for a face mask. If you do this and leave it on for 20-30 min it will help firm your face naturally.
Well I hope you try out these hacks and enjoy them as much as I do! I love sharing makeup hacks because of how much they help out!